Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Here's Looking At You, Kid.



So hey. Isaac is four now. I could blog about his birthday party, but you wouldn't believe me. Harry Potter was there. How did I do it you may ask? I don't reveal my secrets, thankyou. (Okay, so I work with a wonderful lady who's son looks JUST like Harry Potter. She asked him, I gave a puppy dog face to him, SHABAM. That's my secret.)

But, seriously Isaac - you are an amaaaazing 4 year old. I swear I'm not biased, you really are a genius. You are my best friend and have an energy that lights up my life. You're laughter is infectious and your smile is so genuine. You are my greatest joy.



Now, the good stuff. You dance, jump, and boogey to the beat of a different drummer, my child. You want your hair long like a hippie and have a love for music. You make the cutest comments:

"I can't wait to open up Jesus's birthday presents."

"I love you all the way behind the moon and daddy's back."

"Man, mom you gave me alot of cheese. That means you really love me a lot."

"I shot a tiger. It's okay though, he was with the bad guys."

"The bad guys have girlfriends, but I didn't get them. I left them in the yard because it's not nice to hurt a girl."

"I don't know what rockstar that is, but someone should tell him he's amazing."

"My mommy lets me be weird."




We dance in the living room and we don't care who watches. You lip-sync 99% of the time, because that's what you see mommy do. I sound like a dying goat when I sing and I hope that you learn to use your voice instead of just mouthing the words (ask Hawa about Grandpa Barlag and his quote - "I, even I, will sing unto the Lord"...you'll get a kick out of it, buddy). We hunt for bad guys and protect the world from all things evil. Right now, your favorite color is purple and you want to be a purple rockstar for Halloween. Your converse and your 'skateboarder shoes' are your favorites. You still love Thomas the Train, but now have a love for Star Wars, Harry Potter, and iCarly. Mommy has a friend that is on iCarly every once in a while and you love to get excited and scream "I KNOW HER!!!". I have passed my love for Silver Dollar City down to you and you ask to go at least once a week. You are a Wii Master. I challenge ANY adult to a showdown - you will whoop them up, down, and sideways. You love going to movie theaters and always ask 10 minutes in if the movie is almost over. Frisbee and soccer are a few of your favorite games, as well as baseball, which is usually played with the skinny edge of a tennis racquet. Your heart is so big and sometimes I can't believe it's all held in that tiny body.




If you remember ONE THING in this crazy world, please remember that you are perfect just the way you are. Every single hair on your head and every crazy thought in your mind is exactly how it is supposed to be. You're my superhero, my Mr. Fixit, my confidant, and my best friend. That drummer that you dance to? It's the same one I've been jammin' to my whole life. And I've had a lot of stinking fun, kid.







2 comments: