Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Okay, bloggers - I've seen your 'Wordless Wednesday' and I love it. Sadly I forgot to update last night. Soooo.....

You get Thankful Thursdays now. Every Thursday (hopefully...) I am going to let all you sweet blog-people know what I am most thankful for in my life. And of course I will use photos to prove it, because a post just isn't complete without a picture. But mainly because I have a really cute kid.

Here goes!!! My first Thankful Thursday!



I am thankful for the joy that I have in my heart. I never want to know life without joy. It's the 'on-top-of-the-world-superhero-soaring-through-stars' feeling every minute of every day, no matter what that day has brought me. It's going to bed at night knowing that I have life, love, and happiness. It's thanking the Lord that I get to live another day and trying to share my joy - usually shared in an awful joke or a cheesy smile. It's being 25 and singing LOUD in my car with my son. It's laying in bed at 2 a.m. with my husband, laughing hysterically at his ridiculous impersonations. It's being able to laugh when I dump coffee all over my desk. It's curling up with a good book and a quiet house. And it's thinking of this song everytime I hear the word joy (thank you Trinity Lutheran Chapel):

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart
Where?
Down in my heart!
Where?
Down in my heart!
I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart
Down in my heart to stay


And it's true!!!! Thanks Mom. I learned this from you.

1 comment:

  1. CUTE BOY!!! I love the idea for Thankful Thursday. I may just join in with you!!

    ReplyDelete