Monday, February 9, 2009

Krabby Patties and Appliance Hell.

I spent the weekend at a scrapbooking ''convention". It's the first time since Isaac was born that I was away for two nights! It was only in Wichita, but I missed the boys SO much. They drove up on Sunday to eat breakfast with me, so I tried to get my Isaac lovin's in that hour. I got some great scrapbook pages done and really enjoyed spending some time with my momma.

Isaac discovered that Wal-Mart has gummy Krabby Patties. This is apparently the GREATEST creation in the world to three year old little boys. He collects all the change he finds and when he walks into Wal-Mart, he runs STRAIGHT to the candy aisle and grabs 2 boxes. Somehow the little guy knows how many boxes he can get with what money he has. Daddy and I have had to ration his Krabby Patty intake. Isn't that hilarious? We have never had to worry too much about him eating too much candy. He loves it, but he loves green beans, peas, carrots, oatmeal, cheese and yogurt WAY too much to get full on candy. We got very lucky with a son that loves healthy food.

Brandon and I were under the house working on some duct work and waterpipes while my dad was watching Isaac in the living room. I heard Isaac's little voice holler down, "Have you reached the center of the Earth yet?!"

It's been a year full of appliance deaths. Last March our washer died. No warning, no final hoorah, just DIED. In November, our water heater blew up. In January, our fridge light went out and we thought it was just the light. Turns out it was the whole stinkin' electrical panel. It gradually quit cooling and I have to admit, I was NOT sad. Yes, NO ONE wants to have to buy a new fridge, but our fridge was AWFUL. We got the deal of the century on a new fridge and paid HALF what we thought we would. If an appliance is going to die, dying when there is lots of clearance model fridges at Sears is the time to do it!

I'm hoping to put some photos of my scrapbook pages up here for everyone to admire:)

No comments:

Post a Comment