Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Lovin', Had Me A Blast......

Don't you just love the movie Grease? Everytime I hear someone say summer, I automatically think of John Travolta hitting that high note at the end of the song. Sad, but true. I actually get that same cringing feeling about summer that I do about that note..........

BUT...Isaac is thoroughly enjoying his summer. We have him enrolled in tumbling/gymnastics and swimming. He seems to really enjoy tumbling. Swimming starts in July and I think he will love it. So far this summer Daddy has been on doubles and mommy is on reduced hours. Isaac's schedule is a little mixed up and I think it's put him in a funk. I am sick and therefore NOT wanting to go outside in the 100 degree/90% humidity hell. He is not the type of child to want to be inside...at all. Siiiiighhhhhhhh.....


So here I am. It's 8 o'clock in morning and I'm sitting on the front porch. Pretty sure it's pouring down rain and still 95 degrees. Bllleeeehhhh. But Isaac's happy though. Further proof that he might be better off as an only child. Although we did have an indepth conversation about how babies are born. He seems to think that he needs and/or already has a sister. My dear sweet friend Charli is about two months pregnant and after explaining this to Isaac (there will be no big belly yet, Isaac, the baby is tiny...but it's growing!), I was met with a blank stare and a tiny voice asking, "How will her baby get out when it's big?". So I did what any good mother would do and I lied. Well, not lie, but omitted. I showed him my c-section scar and I told him the story of his birth. Somehow the child is not traumatized and my story seemed to be sufficient enough to ease his.....uneasiness. Ask Isaac someday how babies get out. He mumbles something about babies big heads, sewing mommies tummy, and gluing stuff back together. Not quite how I told the story, but it will do....

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment